Tuesday, January 18, 2011

3:14pm

This not to be mistaken-I'm not for making fun of the disabled. I can be dry and sarcastic, but this isn't an example of me doing so. Just observations I see that are sometimes ironic and slightly comical. In this situation, I'm convinced this young woman was trying to prove herself for reasons I don't know:


So I'm leaving my psychology class and I'm waiting by the elevator with a few people. This visually impaired person (assumed to be blind) taps her way to the elevator and presses the down button. Shoutouts to her 6th sense--She pauses and says, "Wow there's a lot of people waiting" and chuckles to herself. There's about 6 of us total, but whatever.
Second thing: The elevator doors open and she steps back and waves one arm open insinuating that we go ahead in front of her. I personally think that she should've been the first person to walk in and then we would follow accordingly, but again whatever ya know.
Finally (and what made me decide to blog this) .Out of all people, she motions to the left side and feels down the buttons to first one. She even turned around to ask aloud if everyone else was going to the first floor, as well. (btw we're on the second--the first floor is our only option).

At first we all nod our head yes, and then remember to verbally respond because she can't see . . .

The irony.


..

No comments:

Post a Comment