Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Brightest Farruya.

I have a real big urge to call her nephew by default-it sounds cooler-word to Snoop Dog
But this is Karina and she just recently became my favorite cousin. I don't see her much; her and my Uncle/Aunt stay in Glen Cove, New York.. but catching up with her this past weekend. I just can't stop bragging about her! Let me explain: My darling cousin is just 12 years old, but witty as *insert curse word*! Mature. She's super intelligent and intellectual. She fluently speaks spanish and sign language (english, of course). She's supposed to be in 7th grade, but miss smarty pantsz is taking 8th grade honor classes... I didn't start thinking about college until Senior year (unfortunately), and she's already thinking about it now. She wants to go to Harvard, and she's also considering Stanford. She's so delightful and well mannered too. Did I mention how beautiful she was? I'm telling you, she's going to be Miss.America. The only thing I worry about is she's veryy sheltered, as you can imagine. Understandable. But God Forbid she revolts and rebels one day. Or finally gets a little freedom and runs with it. I'm sure she's smarter than that though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yo, so Friday night, a lot of my family decided to go out. I didn't care to, but decided to go to the Boardwalk and catch a movie instead. I figured hey! Karina and I can hang out cause I know she's tired of being in the house and old people. So I found a 10:40PM showing for "I am Number 4" and told her we'd leave in 10 minutes. Oh my goodness, her parents were worried sick. So worried, I started to question myself if I really could be entrusted with their daughter's life. But we got out and even though we missed the flick, we got some food. ....Basically, what I'm sharing this mini-story for is because I had a huge big sister night and it felt really good. I thoroughly enjoyed being responsible for her..Mentoring, hanging out, and getting to know her. potentially being an outlet for someone to come to. Also, I feel it's my duty to keep her laced. I'm sending her a HB tee and some kicks, it's necessary.

Shoutouts to everyone who's an older sister. Except mine though.

..

3 comments: