Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to the most important person in my life

February 22nd, 1918-a star was born. My grandmizzy just turned 93! (I wanted to post this pic yesterday, but I couldn't find it.) 93 years of life is incredible. She's seen so many things.. I think I annoy her though... 'cause every time I realize that, I ask her repeatedly about every decade.
It's crazy 'cause she doesn't get out much, but perhaps we're driving around Alexandria, Louisiana, she'll come across a neighborhood should used to not dare enter. And now she's seen a black president. I'm so happy that she could see me and my entire/extended family prosper and blossom. I can't tell you how much of a foundation she is to us and her neighborhood. She's the most beautiful soul I will ever know and I get teary eye'd just thinking about it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Heyy, but you guys can't tell her I posted this. I put it on Face Book last year and one of my cousins told her the next day... she asked me in the most grandma-iest way "I'm on da'Internet??".. asked me to take it down... But I love this picture of her and plus I need y'all to know who I'm talking about.
Lillian Cotton, everybody. LOVEEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment