Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Speed-Dating

It was the most cliche thing ever--so typical and just like everything I've seen in movies.
Who the fuck knew how live Speed-Dating would be though. I thought I was going to be there by my lonesome, but the outcome was ridiculous! I should have taken a picture of the line. A whole bunch of desperate hoes, myself included, had the same idea as me apparently. Some people were real serious too--Dressed in their cutest club fit/guys in their Sunday morning best. Another thing I noticed is that everybody came with at least one more person. More so in packs, and I began to especially look serious myself for being their alone haha..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I was real upset to not have a name tag.. I was gonna write Gina on that bitch. It was instead and #tag-where's the fun in that.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Decorations were so terrible. lol... UPC needs funding.bad.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
You can't see but there was a fuckload of people there. and a line outside. We were very awkwardly cramped.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I wasn't going to take pictures of people but this guy started it. This is exactly how conversation began, like go figure:

"Hi, I'm Morgan."
him: (shaking hands/tells me his name) "Adil. Like A DEAL OR NO DEAL."
me: "Oh, okay. So what made you decide to come tonight?!"
him:super confident-- "To be honest... I actually just came to make fun of people with my friends"
me: (playfully laughing) but really I'm dead. How much nerve can you have lol.. Hairy arm man needs not to be talking about anybody else.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
this guy on the other hand was super inspiring. He walked up maybe 4'10-dressed very nicely, but casual. He started talking and I was for certain he did voice overs for Seseame Street. But he was so delightful. He was a graduate who got dragged along with his friend to come. I later learned that he's diagnosed with 4 diseases that still sound too complex to type out...and that he's a social worker who helps single mothers and financially unstable families with low income. He has a lot of odds against him but everything he stands for is admirable and I made sure to tell him that.




I had about 9 or 10 dates total. I couldn't give you guys all of that though. I took some more pictures, but they would've gotten me a 6star suite in Hell. They were really nice guys that didn't necessarily look it, and man I felt too bad because I knew some of you would laugh forever at them.
UNT is diverse as fuck. I got just about every race of guy. International too. Guys from Saudi Arabia, Dubai, and Australia. The Australian guy didn't have an accent, or else he would've had me.
Some guys were really confident and some were really nervous.
I had some guys only call me by my number or introduce themselves as their number. I had this one foreign creeper tell me I was cute-JUST like his country. Which would've been not creepy except he spoke proper english.
I had this one guy try to like instantly read my mind. I guess he saw me around school with my Kid Robot crew on, because he immediately began talking to me about how he knows I like skateboarding. Obviously, right, because I had on Kid Robot one day. And hey, I do like skateboarding.. but he went into "Whats your favorite skate company" "Who's your favorite skater" ...
This one guy I got, I can safely assume he was/is gay.
One guy was real cool though and we played a small rival game of tic-tac-toe.
This one guy I soon figured out didn't even go to UNT. and he told me in his very next sentence, he was unemployed. okay.
I tried my very best with another to hold a conversation, but his responses didn't exceed 6 words. . .


But with it all said and done, it was very well worth my time and it was nice to shake hands with new people. I didn't see love or even lust at first sight. I've never seen the guys I met before, and I probably won't see them again. I did get a couple of left-feild guys, but hey, they probably thought I was weird too. Every one of them kept fine conversation and I'm all about that. Twas a success in an unsuccessful way. I'm glad I went.


..

No comments:

Post a Comment