Monday, June 27, 2011

Houston Stories

So I'm sitting to my lonesome-it's like 2:30 or something after the clubs were getting out- and this homeless man digging around trash cans walks by me. He asked me if I was alright. How low does your life stoop if a homeless man asks you that? Guess we're two of a kind. I told him yes, and turned my head hoping he wouldn't sit and creep on me. "You're just enjoying the silence, right." I laughed and told him yes. He kept it moving but kept looking back at me. Then right when he was about to hit the corner, he lifted a finger and said,

"You know what, you are beautiful. You have a beautiful soul, I can see it through your smile."
Then he threw me the peace sign and disappeared.

True story. Made me feel really good. I kind of wish he would've came back to talk to me.
I would've told him he had a beautiful soul too.

..

2 comments:

  1. That story in itself made me feel good and smile...not sure why, but it did

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know why. knowing that there's exceptionally wholesome people in the world makes you more wholesomer.

    ReplyDelete