Friday, August 12, 2011

August 12th, 53 years ago

My Parents were born. Meet Kathy and Derric Farruya. They don't know it and I don't often express it, but I love them dearly. They think I'm really fucked in the head and rebel scum, especially my mom, but I'm really happy with the person I am today and the values/mentality I carry-- they raised me well, I'd like to think. Shoutouts to them.

My Dads a fucking asshole, but I love him nonetheless because I know how important we are to him. He's made me big on common courtesy, and taught me the art of pretending to have money. I'm a very sarcastic person myself and I definitely follow his sarcastic and sometimes crass personality traits. He's also kept me athletic. Flashbacks when I was fucking 3 years old playing baseball in our backyard, and playing catch when I was 9. When I started skating, he'd let me skate downtown. We'd walk to the YMCA and go hoop. I was basically the son he never had haha.

I think my parents divorced when I was either 4 or 5, and boy was it nasty. But I remember moving from our big ol' family house in downtown Dallas to a small 2 bedroom apartment in the suburbs, Irving, Texas... Moms gave us a mattress and I think she was sleeping on the floor. These days we live comfortably with a 3 bedroom house (my sister and I with our own living spaces), we all have our own cars (and fairly nice ones at that), and she'll be seeing her second daughter through college in 2 years. Her ambition is admirable.

My life's been pretty good thus far and I thank them for that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mom on the right was a Fox.. swag to the Christmas tree in the back
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My dad just looks ridiculous and like the 1970's Ludacris. But he'll tell you right now that he was a bad motherfucker back in the day.

Swag to my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment