Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Glenn Edward McDuffie (love his name) and Edith Shain

"I rode the subway into Times Square, got off, and when I walked up the stairs, a woman at the top said she was so happy for me. I ask, 'Hey why?' and she said, 'The war is over, you can go home now!' I was so excited I started jumping up and down and hollering, because my oldest brother was a Japanese prisoner of war. He was there when the Philippines fell. Then this nurse held out her arms. I went over there and kissed her and saw a man running at us . . . I thought it was a jealous husband or boyfriend coming to poke me in the eyes. I looked up and saw he was taking the picture and I kissed her as long as took for him to take it. I bent my hand back so you could see the lady's face . . . "

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

More about the picture and the people in it here ..also more scoop on the girl here ..rest in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment